Friday, February 18, 2011

Some Things for Spring

Yesterday I got a sweet email from my girlfriend, Sneakers, complimenting my blog.  This really made my day (especially after I got scolded in Target because Pigtails kept standing up in the cart).  Sneakers and I went to college together and she's never really been interested in fashion.  She asked me to post a list of a few budget-friendly pieces I thought someone like her could wear.  So here they are...

1.  STRIPED SHIRT (because it's so french, and they always look fashionable!)

STRIPED T-SHIRT
$8.50, Old Navy (exact)
RELAXED STRIPED TOP
$13.80, Forever 21 (exact)

2.  WIDE LEG JEANS (this style is flattering on EVERYONE...be bold and try WHITE!  I know, they get dirty but that's what bleach is for!)

SHOPPING TIPS:  check out Alloy because they have jeans in all different inseams - petite and tall!  American Eagle also has great jeans in various inseams and they're having a 20% sale with free shipping this weekend)

SPOON TROUSER JEANS
$34.90, Alloy.com (exact)
TIE BELT TROUSER JEANS
$29.50, Old Navy, (exact)


3.  CORAL SWEATER (adds a pop of color and is much more versatile than you think)

BASIC KNIT CARDIGAN
$14.90, Forever 21 (exact)
MOSSIMO BOYFRIEND CARDIGAN
$17.99, Target (exact)
4.  FLORAL TOP (it's feminine, flattering and fun!  Old Navy also has a bunch of floral tops $19.50 - $24.50... check them out here)
COUNTRY FLORAL TOP
$19.80, Forever 21 (exact)
FLORAL SURPLICE TUNIC
$15.80, Forever 21 (exact)

5.  UTILITY DRESS (super functional and looks great...can be paired with sneakers, sandals, flip flops!  And for moms - like me - with infants, you can even nurse in this one!)

MOSSIMO UTILITY DRESS
$24.99, Target (exact)
LINEN-BLEND ROLL-UP DRESS
$29.50, Old Navy (exact)

6.  SLIP ONS (they're cute, comfortable, and no one REALLY likes to tie laces, right?  Both TOMS and Forever 21 have all sorts of colors, but I thought these bright ones were happy)

TOMS CANVAS SLIP-ONS
$44, Amazon (exact)
DIANA SLIP-ON SHOES
$5.50, Forever 21 (exact)

Right now Old Navy has an in-store coupon for $5 off $25.  HAPPY SHOPPING!!!

8 comments:

LizAnn said...

Love these pieces! The stripes are great, and the colors are awesome too :) Thanks for sharing!

LizAnn
VPV Intern
http://www.shopVPV.com

Jan said...

I like the idea of a coral cardigan. I may just have to get one...and the red TOMS, very cute. I was gonna get a more neutral colored pair but bright might be a good idea! Thanks Claire and thanks to your friend Sneakers for asking the question!

Domestic Diva said...

Loved the white trouser jeans from Old Navy...and even though I have three young kids, I can't pass up a white pair of pants. Great list!

Claire said...

Three kids! Wowza! Thanks for being my newest follower, Domestic Diva.

I love white! Goes with everything. EVERYTHING. And it always looks great (unless of course you're carrying your kiddos and they put they're dirty shoes on you OR they're greasy spaghetti hands)

Alinne's Style said...

Hi, love your blog because theres so much informations about the clother you're wearing... following!
tks for your comment, i hope you follow me back if you like my blog, kisses, see you here, Alinne


www.alinnestyle.com


.

Rama Wood Crafts Private Limited said...

Good to know about your information such a nice and very useful ideas i have visit and i am very inspired from you and hope you will be update us more information about Fashion so carry on these type blogs posting.. Office Furnitures | Office Furniture Manufacturer

Document Management System said...

your web site page’s strategy can be fantastic along with warm the idea. Your current stories are generally excellent. Make sure you proceed this specific wonderful operate. Kind regards!
Indexing Document | Document Management Version Control | Records Management Software

Meinuebersetzer said...

Awesome site cherished I enjoy exactly how just like you offer a person's perspective among the list of all of targeted traffic. I'd prefer to attend you actually just as before during this site it’s quite a awesome take a look at during this site. It’s pretty eye-catching plus helpful to get targeted traffic.
Übersetzungsbüro
Übersetzungsbüro englisch deutsch
Deutsch englisch Übersetzer