Thursday, April 28, 2011

Floral Dress and Denim Vest

FLORAL DRESS - Old Navy
DENIM VEST - American Eagle
BLUE SNAKESKIN CUFF - Made by my Mom
PINK WEDGES - Seychelles
Living with Princess Sparkles is sort of like being on a game show...all the time.  She loves to ask me questions about everything like, "Why don't birds eat sand?" "Who does that shovel belong to?" "Where are my dolls?" "Why don't I have lemon (phlegm) in my mouth?"  Most of the time I can answer her questions, though every once in a while she stumps me.  I do appreciate her curiosity, though not so much when I'm trying to jog with the two of them in a stroller in the blazing heat!

Here is the dress I bought yesterday from Old Navy for $5.99.  I was so excited because although it was in the clearance section, it didn't have a sticker on it.  I was gonna leave it cuz I really don't pay full price for anything, but my best friend, Plaid, made me take it up to the register just to check.  I'm so glad I did because when the lady told me how cheap it was I felt like I had hit the jackpot!

Anyway, I wore it out to my birthday dinner with Camouflage (though I paired it with a gray cardigan instead of this vest since we ate outside).  Camo and I don't exchange gifts because he knows I like to shop and buy my own things.  I appreciate that about him, because that way he/me always gets me exactly what I want.  No question about it, shopping is always my favorite gift!

21 comments:

Gracey the Giant said...

Oh, I love this dress. That print is fabulous, the colors are fabulous and I imagine it looked just as good with the gray cardi as it does with the vest.

Also, I can't believe I missed yesterday's post, but belated Happy Birthday, Claire!

Jaclyn said...

Sassy!

Courtney Erin said...

What a deal - and the dress is so pretty!

xoxo ~ Courtney
http://sartorialsidelines.blogspot.com

Kimberly said...

love the dress on you and the shoes are adorable! a maxi skirt would look great on you!

http://kc-citystyle.blogspot.com/

Anonymous said...

Love the floral dress, cool denim vest and now I'm bringing my hot pink sandals out! :)

Sophie in the Sticks said...

cute outfit, so lovely for spring
http://cgdn.blogspot.com

Eli said...

happy belated birthday! :)

look how cute you look in that dress! and what a great deal too, I think some times people purposely rip tags off to deter other people from buying something they cant buy at that moment!

mro said...

what a cute look!! Those wedges are AMAZING. Love the pink! Great outfit for a bday dinner =)

Unknown said...

What an amazing dress- can`t beat the price either! I have been looking everywhere for a denim vest- I love the fit of this one on you! I`ve just been catching up on my blog reading and wanted to congratulate you for your new freelance writing position! How perfect and exiting for you- I can`t wait to hear about it!

Closet Fashionista said...

cha-ching! YAY for $6 :D :D The dress looks great
http://www.closet-fashionista.com/

Ashley [Free Honey] said...

I love your pink wedges!! SO much fun! And so delightfully 80s.

xo, Ashley

Lacy@uphillandsmiling said...

I want that dress!!! CA-YUTE!

Savannah said...

Love that dress! you look lovely :)

savannah-joyofliving.blogspot.com

Kimberlee said...

Kids kill me with their ability to ask 500 thousands questions about anything at any given moment.

Your shoes are so dang cute.

Burning Skies said...

Her questions are so cute! :) I love your dress too! So perfect for spring/ summer. Plus your shoes and fab!

Melissa: Write it in Lipstick said...

hahaha she is so sweet and so curious. Love that kids ask a billion questions

Baby Budget Blog said...

I'm loving the colors in this outfit! Fuschia is right up my alley!

www.plentyforpennies.com

Alex said...

oh my goodness, how dainty and pretty and sweet! I love how girly the dress and shoes are, and then the denim vest makes it just a little bit tougher, so cute! also, just wanted to let you know I totally awarded you something on my blog :)

Lena said...

I think I have that same dress, but in a different print! I paid $9 for mine though. My girls make my head spin with all their questions!

Dawn said...

You have the best shoes....!!! DAWN SUITCASE VIGNETTES XO DROP IN AGAIN SOMETIME XO

Document Management System said...

Item fantastic! I seriously like how easy it can be to the eyes and the facts are well prepared. This specific message is really fun to read along with recognize, My spouse and i appreciate you sharing third suffers from.
document management version control | indexing document | records management software