Sunday, July 24, 2011

Best Blog Award and Our Trip to Rhode Island


I was recently awarded the very sweet "Best Blog Award" from some of my favorite blog friends, Roxy Heart of "Fash-uh-nee-stah," Tiffany of "Breakfast with Tiffany," H from "H & K Style Journey," and Sophie from "Country Girl Does Norfolk."  Thank you all so much for the honor!  I really appreciate it!

7 RANDOM FACTS:  Here are 7 things I loved about our trip to Newport, Rhode Island
2. Blue Hydrangeas (I normally see only pink!)


1. Historical Mansions


3. Delicious lobster rolls!
4. The moon rising over the ocean at the wedding site (where they filmed "The Great Gatsby")
5. A clambake with a view - sunset from Goat Island
 
 
6. A Dancing Princess Sparkles
 
7. A Chowhound Pigtails
ANSWER QUESTIONS:

Favorite Color - purple
 
Favorite Song - lately i only listen to kids music :(  Sparkles likes "Itsy Bitsy Spider"

Favorite Dessert - warm chocolate cake...with ice cream

What's pissing you off - nothing...though i have a stomach ache which is a bummer.

When I'm upset - i cry.  i also try to talk it out with the person if it has to do with them.

Favorite Pet - Biscuit!  she was my yellow lab while i was growing up.

Black or White - white.  i love white pants especially.

Biggest Fear - something happening to one of my loved ones.

Best Feature - my teeth.  my dad's an orthodontist.

Everyday Attitude - happy though lately a little tired.  and i try to do too much.

What is Perfection - watching my two girls sleeping in bed next to me

Guilty Pleasure - Gossip Girl, Pretty Little Liars

THE BLOGS I AWARD:

She always looks glamorous and has the best shoes and handbags!
She has the best pleated skirts ever.  Ever.
She appreciates the art in shoes (like Jeffrey Campbells) and has the most stylish comfy shoes too!
Comfy, classic, fresh style...and food, she makes delicious food!
It's so much fun to follow her life down under!
So talented with the sewing machine and great at finding thrifty deals.
She always reminds me how fun life can be with her travels and inspirational words!
My fashion twin, we always buy the exact same outfits (from Target, nonetheless).
MinnChic - Rebecca
I love her casual, classic style (and the fact that she loves NKOTB!).
Silverstyle - Tammy
A great thrifter and proof that you can look fabulous at any age.  A true inspiration!
Watch Me Dress - Mrs. J
Colorful thrifty style and always wearing the best jewelry!
Fun outfits that are perfect for work, she literally does it all!
A "super mom" (even though she'd never admit it), she's always real and greatly inspires me!
Amazing fashion sense and the most clever beautiful fashion photos!




35 comments:

Style Journey said...

Princess Sparkles and Pigtails are SO ADORABLE! Your photos from Rhode Island are gorgeous, especially the hydrangeas. And purple is my favorite color too!

Heather :)

Selvaggia Capizzi said...

Thanks a lot claire!!! Your are too sweet! Your daughters are soo cool in these pictures!!!
xx
http://dontcallmefashionblogger.blogspot.com

Once Upon A Time... said...

love these pictures, especially the ones of your daughters! congrats on the award! we have alot of things in common!

thanks so much for your lovely comments, you're super sweet!

jos xx

Sophie in the Sticks said...

love the blue glowers, they are gorgeous!

Style, She Wrote said...

Love Rhode Island! Looks like you had a great time, too! Congrats on your award and thanks for the blog recommendations -- we will have to check these out! xo style, she wrote

Shea Lennon said...

Thanks for awarding me!! And I'm jealous that your best feature is your teeth! Mine used to be straight but over time they've moved, plus I drink coffee which doesn't make them any whiter. I wish I had straighter, whiter teeth!

Jayme @ Her Late Night Cravings said...

Congrats!! Lobster rolls...YUM!! I've had those when I've gone to Cape Cod (P-Town - my best friends family is from there). I love it up there. Have wanted to visit RI too.

Jayme @ Her Late Night Cravings

Vanessa said...

Now I really want to visit RI! Looks like a beautiful and delicious trip!
And, yay for matching hats. I love hats, especially my/our Target one!

Bonnie said...

Congrats on the award! You totally deserve it.
Princess Sparkles is SO cute. I just cannot get over her adorableness.
Of course you would have fantastic teeth if your dad is an orthodontist!! :)

http://www.glamkittenslitterbox.com/
Twitter: @GlamKitten88

Closet Fashionista said...

Yayy so much fun! Newport is awesome, I haven't been there in forever :(
http://www.closet-fashionista.com/

Oh my Dior! said...

wow! congratulations that's a big award!!

http://www.ohmydior.org/

LyddieGal said...

You got some really wonderful photos in rhode island, I love that sunset!

congrats on the award!

Chic on the Cheap

Meri said...

Wow- that sunset photo is incredible. Wish I were there! Congrats on the award :)

Fashion Confessions of a Mommy said...

Congrats on the award. I am totally the same on favorite music and everyday attitude!
Will check out some of these blogs. There are a few I have not visited before.
Daphne.
http://fashiondivamommy.blogspot.com

Whitney Jay said...

Rhode Island looks magical! Especially that place where they filmed great gatsby, so beautiful!

asktheduplex

D said...

That lobster roll looks fabulous. You should get paid for doing PR about RhodeIsland! Our soil is too alkaline to create blue hydrangeas without constant intervention but we(that's a royal"we")keep trying.
Pigtails is looking more and more like Princess Sparkles--check out the mouthes in the photos.

Ariyanti Tjiang said...

wow! congrats dear!

mind to follow my blog?

www.rillicious.blogspot.com

Roxy Heart said...

Congrats and you're welcome.
Love reading your answers to the questions :)
http://www.fashuhneestah.com/

Marina said...

Congratulations on the award! you deserved it! ;)

my thrifty closet said...

Thank you thank you so much for the award Claire! You are so sweet. I'm feeling very bad because I haven't pass this award to anybody else yet. I will try my best to do a post. And I love reading all the snippets of you. I cry too when I'm upset and I believe so that you're always so happy, you have that beautiful smile on your face all the time. God bless you!

love~mongs
mythriftycloset.blogspot.com

ellie said...

So love those pigtails. Even Devo is kid friendly these days. Great photos!

Baby Budget Blog said...

Awe, thanks so much for this award and for your kind words!! It really is appreciated. I will give you a mention on my next blog post!!

Your pics are fantastic! I've been to rhode Island twice and you look like you had much better weather than I did!

www.plentyforpennies.com

Unknown said...

I loved reading the answers to your questions--and how funny, you never had to dread going to the dentist! Hope you're off to a happy new week Claire, looks like your trip was a fun one!

xo Mary Jo

Jayme @ Her Late Night Cravings said...

We just emailed you with FUN news. Check out our latest blog post!!!

http://herlatenightcravings.blogspot.com/2011/07/happy-birthday-mendigiveaway-winner.html

Jayme & Mendi @ Her Late Night Cravings

rachel said...

looks like you had a great time in rhode island! congrats of the award!

Unknown said...

Great post! Congrats two fold!
One on your award and the other on the giveaway from HLNC.
Nice job!
http://lovesgrbaseball-fabulousfashionista.blogspot.com
Always,
Diane p.s. Am now following you,really like your work!

Gracey the Giant said...

Oh, this is awesome. Thank you, Claire!!

Also, that picture of Pigtails is FABULOUS!

Unknown said...

Claire, Out of town for the weekend as usual.........
Thanks so much for the award! Blogging love is very special.
p.s. you didn't really have to say "any" age:))))))

Tara said...

Your girls are so, so adorable! I love the sunglasses :)

I am so in love with Newport, RI...one of my best friends from college was from there, and it is completely gorgeous. I'm glad you had such a great time!

Megan G said...

I've seen this going around, and I love reading everyone's answers. It's great getting to know more about you!

The Suburb Experiment said...

Thank you so much! I haven't checked some of these lovely ladies yet so I'm going to get reading. :)

Jenn

Anonymous said...

I didn't see this...I'm SUPER late!:( Thank you for giving me this award. I really appreciate it!


So do I answer just the question or do the 7 random facts??

Lacy@uphillandsmiling said...

Thank you so much, I don't feel like a Super Mom.... I'm just surviving each day! :)

The blue hydrangeas are AWESOME!

Removals Services said...

There are obviously a lot to know. I think you made some great points the function. Furniture Removalists Melbourne

Document Management System said...

Cool blog, I learned a lot:) Not many blogs are in the same amount of detail thatyou yes, yes, you should be glad! lol Even so up the good work, I have to bookmarkyour site, so I will be back often to check to see if new articles.………♥
Document Management Software | Document Management Version Control | Indexing Document