Friday, April 29, 2011

To Be a Princess

MY VACATION OUTFIT:
SKIRT - Kimchee & Blue
WHITE TANK - Old Navy
BLACK CARDIGAN - Motherhood
MULTI WEDGES - Cynthia Vincent for Target
PINK SCARF - Made by my Mom
"Mommy, I want to be a princess!"  That's what Princess Sparkles said while watching the Royal Wedding (on replay of course, I would've never made it until 3am - though maybe Sparkles woulda if given the chance).  I replied in the oh-so-cliche way, "You're my princess."  And she looked at me and said, "No mommy, I have to find a prince."  I chuckled and gave her a kiss.

Meanwhile, Pigtails fell asleep on a bathrug at the foot of the shower.  She was that wiped out from waking up earlier than usual (which meant Camo and I woke up early too).  Oh well, at least she's getting in her morning nap at 8am :)

Nothing could really dampen my mood.  I'm off on a one night vacation with Camo to celebrate my birthday.  We're going to go wine tasting, beer tasting, have a quiet meal where we don't have to take turns taking the kids out, and maybe I'll even get to read my book!  Yay!  I can't wait.

Anyway, better finish packing everything up for the girls' trip to see Fair Isle and Henley!  It's so nice to have family around so Camo and I can go away for a night to relax and have fun.  Makes me feel like a Princess!

24 comments:

Courtney Erin said...

That's so cute!

xoxo ~ Courtney
http://sartorialsidelines.blogspot.com

The Suburb Experiment said...

Oh yay! Sounds fun - Happy Birthday! I love your wedges, I must have missed those coming through Target. :)

Jenn

Bonnie said...

That pink scarf with that amazing blue skirt is a match made in HEAVEN. You look gorgeous.

http://www.glamkittenslitterbox.com/
Twitter: @GlamKitten88

Alex said...

this outfit is wonderful! and those shoes... oh my GOD, I need to obtain them. I love the pattern mixing of those shoes with that skirt, it works perfectly!

Kelsey said...

lovely blog and i love that skirt! super cutee! wasn't the wedding amazing?!! thank you for your sweet comment on my blog! so happy we are friends! xoxo

kelseyannesmith.blogspot.com

Shu. said...

first time here! :) haha love the pic your little girl! she's adorable!

xoxo
Shu,
http://shushings.blogspot.com/

Sophie in the Sticks said...

i love your skirt, its so pretty. How awesome was the Royal Wedding?! Amazing, I cried!
http://cgdn.blogspot.com

Rosy (of Raindrops on Rosy) said...

awe:) who doesnt want to be a pricess what a cute little story! I looove that amazing skirt!

Jess said...

Sounds fun! I'm actually watching the recorded wedding right now :) Kate looks beautiful, doesn't she?!


Have a great weekend!

ingredients of our sugar coated youth said...

Happy Birthday! You look great, we love the outfit especially the skirt - such a great colour and love the pattern. It also looks fab with the wedges
Now following, we'd love if you did too!

Love Georgia and Leah

http://sugarcoatedyouth.blogspot.com/

Gracey the Giant said...

I love the pink scarf with the blue skirt - gorgeous combination.

Roxy Heart said...

Aww I love what your daughter said! So cute!
http://www.fashuhneestah.com/

GretchTM said...

This is too cute! I was cracking up at Sparkles and being a princess. :)

Unknown said...

Aww so cute! Love your skirt.

Sarah
x

http://dollydotgirl.blogspot.com

Style, She Wrote said...

Oh my gosh! How cute! xo style, she wrote

Analisa said...

Gahhh your daughters never cease to be so cute! That is such a cute skirt too. Happy belated birthday!

aki! said...

I hope you have a good day!

And it's totally happened to me before where something doesn't look great on the hangers, but I give it a chance and it looks amazing.

seven-percentsolution.blogspot.com

lauren said...

You look adorable! I love that skirt!
xoxo Lauren
 http://happylifeinnyc.blogspot.com/

Wida said...

Aww that is so cute! Every girl is a princess! ;) Tell her that!

Wida
Missing Amsie Blog

Closet Fashionista said...

Love the outfit and I hope you had a good time last night :)
http://www.closet-fashionista.com

Shea Lennon said...

I think we ALL want to be princesses sometimes! I hope you have fun on your trip! I love that skirt :)

Anonymous said...

Awww...she will find her prince one day! :)

Lovely outfit and are those wedges still at Target??

Dear Girl Wallflower said...

I love your old navy dress, those are the prints that i like this warm season! I hope i will not be covered by flowers lol! And this iss sssooooo sweeeet!! oh, when i see a photo of a lil baby/kid...this makes me feel the joy of being a mom! and I love how she answered why she wants to be a princess=) i also take snap shots of my lil guy sleeping whenever he is!!..i love your skirt here!

Document Management System said...

Great value below. I never thought this could be genuine, give thanks you for giving lightanyway. Keep up the excellent operate, My spouse and i really enjoy reading your posts. Medit.
document management version control | indexing document | records management software