Today I got up early and rushed to get the girls out the door for preschool when suddenly I realized... Princess Sparkles is on spring break (okay, it wasn't suddenly but THREE people had texted me that morning to see if we wanted to hang out and all mentioned spring break and then a light bulb finally went on in my head).
Wanting to not "mess up" my routine (which basically consists of a morning run), I decided to pull out the double stroller and go for a run with my cousin, Leopard, who I hadn't seen in quite a while. Leopard had offered to push one stroller, but unfortunately I only had an umbrella stroller and that would so be a mistake to jog with.
But let me tell you about another mistake. Pushing a double stroller (NOT a jogging one, despite the brand being "Baby Jogger") with two girls, stuff (including LOTS of snacks and waters) and plenty of stuffed animals. It only weighed about, I don't know, 80 lbs!!! Somehow I managed to finish the 4-1/2 mile jog but I must've been burning more calories than usual since the entire way back all I could think about was eating a huge cheeseburger!
Anyway, GretchTM awarded me the "One Lovely Blog" Award, which I am so very honored to receive. Her blog is fantastic, she has such a classic, simple style that I wish I could replicate. Thank you so much, Gretch!
I have to post 7 random things about myself, so to keep it interesting and in the fashion theme, I decided to tell you what I love about each of these dresses I bought today (YES I BOUGHT 7, but I had to entertain the girls somehow, so OF COURSE I took them to TARGET!!! And since they won't let me try stuff on without going nuts, I decided to buy ALL these dresses, try them on at home, then return the ones I don't want). So do me a favor and let me know which are your favorites, okay?
1. I love to wear black, especially in family photos, because it's always flattering even when I forget to suck in my stomach!
|Alice Temperley for Target|
2. I have an obsession with stripes and would pretty much buy anything (yes, anything) in this pattern.
|Libertine for Target|
3. My sister, Polka Dots, didn't realize she had so many polka dot clothes until I gave her the blog nickname.
|Zac Posen for Target|
4. A skinny red belt is one of my favorite accessories (I have 2!) because it gives just the right pop of color.
|Jonathan Saunders for Target|
5. I love animal print and own a pair of cow boots (not to be confused with cowboy boots - hope they make a comeback!)
|Rogan for Target|
6. If I had to pick a favorite "uniform," it would be a plaid shirt and jeans (followed closely by shorts and boots).
|Luella Bartley for Target|
7. I always love the bohemian look. It's probably my favorite style in the magazines and I wish I wore it more.
|Jovovich-Hawk for Target|
So here are the blogs I'd LOVE to pass this award along to:
Tara at This Life, Redefined, Lei at White Sky Project, Mrs. J at Watch Me Dress, Rosy of Raindrops on Rosy, Claire of My Little Life, Sunny Days and Starry Nights, Andrea Grace of Always Say Grace, Jane of Love Makes the Girl, Emily of Tinfoils Tiaras, Sophie at Country Girl Does Norfolk, Ashley at Free Honey, Jenn of The Suburb Experiment, Khla at Next Happiness, Heidi at Heidi-and-Seek, and Lacy at Uphill & Smiling.