Thursday, April 7, 2011

Do as the Stars Do

#25 - ATLANTA
BLACK MILITARY JACKET - CAbi
WHITE RUFFLE SHIRT - Bizz
SKINNY JEANS - Yaso
BLACK MOTORCYCLE BOOTS - BCBGeneration
FEDORA - Eugenia Kim for Target


Recently, at the ripe old age of 13 months, Pigtails has decided to become a mommy.  And rather than have one little baby, she has decided to "do as the stars do," and have twins.  She carries these two little babies around, one in each arm, wherever she goes, in her bed, on the couch, even in her carseat (and she gets very upset when she has to momentarily let them go so I can strap her in!).  It's cute, except for the part where Princess Sparkles decides she wants one of those babies and grabs one from Pigtails in the car.  Sigh.

I can't believe that I'm nearly done with my 30 for 30 remix!  In the beginning it seemed pretty easy, then in the middle it got tough, and now as I'm reaching the final stretch I'm kinda bummed that it's going to be over.  I mean, what do I wear after I'm done?  I'll actually have to pick from my entire closet of clothes?!  I'm feeling overwhelmed...

Maybe I too will have to "do as the stars do" and hire a stylist.  Wouldn't that be nice?  Rachel Zoe comes over with a set of clothes and tells me, wear this, not that.  Only thing is I'd have no where to go... and I'd be paying someone else to do my clothing shopping, so I'd really have no where to go.  Nevermind.  My closet's beginning to not sound so overwhelming anymore...

21 comments:

Anonymous said...

I totally missed that hat at Target, it look so cute on you. This outfit reminds me so much of Britney Spears before the craziness.

ps. Rachel Zoe is kind of busy since she's a new mommy. ha ha ;)

Courtney Erin said...

I love that hat - wow!


xoxo ~ Courtney
http://sartorialsidelines.blogspot.com

Lena said...

That gave me a good chuckle! I used to call my daughters octo-mom because they would insist on carrying around a bunch of baby dolls.

Love this look on you!

Gracey the Giant said...

I think you do fabulously without a stylist!

Kimberly said...

cute outfit love the jacket! thank you so much for the award it really means a lot!

http://kc-citystyle.blogspot.com/

Zarna said...

loving the fedora - you look oh so cool!

Becca [Free Honey] said...

Awwww - that story about pigtails is adorable. When I was a wee one, I didn't have motherly aspirations, but I did want an older brother. It's a often told family story that one year I asked for an older brother for christmas. Naturally, I didn't get him. I was so disappointed that I sulked around all day not understanding why Santa wouldn't bring me an older brother!!

Leah said...

Oooh love the hat! :P And you don't need a stylist! You got your own style! :)

Alex said...

oh my goodness, how precocious! "do as the stars do"! that's so freaking cute :)

Now, on to the outfit, I love those boots! and that hat is just the perfect shade of seafoam ever, I would have bought it when I saw it in Target, but it didn't look NEARLY as good on me as it does on you! also, the flowy shirt peeking out the bottom of the jacket is the perfect mixture of girly and edgy... love :)

GretchTM said...

Congrats on almost being done with the 30 for 30 remix challenge! You look fabulous in this outfit!

Amy said...

that hat is too cute!

Fashion Confessions of a Mommy said...

You are so funny. I love shopping way too much to ever pay someone else to do it for me. I might pay someone to do grocery shopping but not clothes shopping. I didn't realize you were still doing the remix. That makes sense now why your outfits were being numbered! :)
I love the hat with this combo. Hats are just so chic and boldsy now aren't they?
Your daughter is so cute. My daughter too right about 20 months or so all of a sudden developed an obsession towards dolls. It was overnight and so cute. She now will not go to sleep if she doesn't have her doll on one side and mickey and minnie on the other side. And they all have to turn face down like the way she sleeps. It must be a girl thing cause my son never developed an attachment to any stuffed animal nor will we hever sleep with one.
https://fashiondivamommy.blogspot.com

Closet Fashionista said...

I love those boots! o cool! :D
http://www.closet-fashionista.com/

Veronika Novotny said...

Love your fedora absolutely adorable, and lovey that gorgeous colour. Have a fabulous weekend. xx veronika

Bonnie said...

When I read the title of your post, I thought it meant that you were going incognito like the celebs do when you don't want to be recognized.
Because you totally look all, "I'm famous and super busy right now. Don't bother me."
I like it.

http://www.glamkittenslitterbox.com/
Twitter: @GlamKitten88

Dilan Dilir said...

looks amazing!

Jessica said...

There is no way you need a stylist. You look amazing. I love your fedora.

ingredients of our sugar coated youth said...

What an amazing hat! You look great :)
Leah and Georgia ♥

http://sugarcoatedyouth.blogspot.com/

Tara said...

I totally had an "What the heck am I supposed to do with all of these clothes?!?!?" moment after my first 30x30...I think I ended up picking items out of my challenge pile just because I couldn't deal with anything else. My advice would be to start planning, now, just to avoid the post challenge meltdown in the end :)

Rama Wood Crafts Private Limited said...

Very attractive and effective blog is created by the blog owner I like the way of present his view with visitors. I would like to come on this blog again and again. Office modular furniture | Modular Furniture

Document Management System said...

I found your article and shared links very beautiful and nice…You have raise very important point here in this blog.
Indexing Document | Document Management Version Control | Records Management Software