Monday, April 18, 2011

Swimsuits, Hats and Lots of Sunscreen

Princess Sparkles, Camouflage and Pigtails

The spring wildflowers near the beach

Over the weekend our family took a quick 10 minute drive down to the beach.  It's funny, it's so close yet we rarely go down there for fun (though I do go down there to jog with Pigtails, but that's not fun). 

My beach gear:
Bucket hat - Made by my Mom
Sunglasses - Betsy Johnson
Running Shirt - Target
Here is what I wore to the beach.  Yes, I've become THAT lady, the one I used to think was crazy wearing her huge hat and sitting under the umbrella.  I'm just hoping when I'm 70 I'll look 50.
The girls had such a great time.  Princess Sparkles just wanted to sit in the water and let the waves hit her.  And Pigtails, she wanted to dash straight into the water, get really wet, then lie in the sand. 

Oh yeah, now I remember why we don't go down there that much.  It's a lot of work for Camouflage and I.  You have to find parking (NOT EASY), lug everything down to the sand (NOT EASY), put sunscreen on everyone (REALLY NOT EASY), then make sure they don't drown (").

Anyway, here are some bathing suits that I would've worn...if I wasn't afraid of the sun :)

From top left (clockwise):
Love-Struck Bikini - Forever 21 ($10.80 top, $9.80 bottom)
Splendid Marcel Reversible Bikini - Nordstrom ($57 top, $47 bottom)
Beach Escape Monokini - Forever 21 ($19.80)
Sara Sliding Halter Bikini - Victoria's Secret ($18 top, $16 bottom)

Below:
Embroidered Eyelet String Bikini - Old Navy ($19.50 top, $19.50 bottom)
Rainbow Crochet String Bikini - Old Navy ($19.50 top, $19.50 bottom)




20 comments:

Tiffany said...

I love those suits! I'd wear them all if my body weren't a hot mess! lol My stomach refuses to go back to it's pre-baby flatness! So, that means, I need to go shopping for a tankini - STAT! =)

And I totally agree, going to the beach is so much work when you've got kids. I remember, back in the day, all I needed to keep me happy at the beach was a cooler full of fruity drinks, a book, a towel and tanning oil. ;)

AlbeeLucky said...

Oh those are cute swimsuits. I'm in dire need of one. what a fun day for you and your family. the weather looked perfect.
xo-AlbeeLucky.blogspot.com

Unknown said...

Super cute pictures- your Mum made the bucket hat- wow! I love the black Victoria Secret bathing suit- I have been eyeing that piece for my trip! Thanks so much for the award- I will be posting my ten things tomorrow!

Jess said...

I feel ya! The parking in Galveston is terrible! Plus once you get to the beach you are immediately drowning in seaweed. Best to stay inland and sip a margarita!

Love the first 2 suits! soooo cute!

Lena said...

Ugh, just thinking about all the work to get to the beach just makes me tired.

Fashion Confessions of a Mommy said...

yes, going to the beach is not as easy as it used to be. Nor is it as relaxing. Remember when you packed fashion mags and your ipod to relax while you were there. Now we don't even get to really sit on our towel.
But the kids do have fun for sure.
I put sunblock at home before dressing them. Much easier and it dries before they hit the sand and they say you need to put it 30-40 minutes before exposure anyway.
In San Diego that is our routine in summer anyway. Whether we are going to the beach or not we put sunblock every morning before getting dressed.
Another great tip I learned from another mom on the beach is 'baby powder'. Pack a huge bottle with you and powder the kids away when ready to go home. It gets rid of all the sand!
This mommy was using it on her 8 and 10 year old.

http://fashiondivamommy.blogspot.com

Roxy Heart said...

The first two bathing suits are my favorite.
I gave you an award! Come check it out :)
http://www.fashuhneestah.com/2011/04/sunshine-award-nail-polish.html

Greta said...

love the Nordstrom one!!!
nice blog..i'm following you now...would you like to follow me too? :)

http://cihc.blogspot.com/

Monique said...

Love those swimming costumes!!

I just found your blog!

Monique xx

misszuman.blogspot.com

Jamie-Lee Burns said...

I love the hat - looks like someone I would wear! And those swimsuits are lovely :)

Closet Fashionista said...

love all those bathing suits!!
and haha...I'm the same way with the sun...well sometimes...one day I get baked [with sunscreen on of course] and the rest of the days I'm under the umbrella XD So its still bad for me :p
http://www.closet-fashionista.com/

Jessica said...

Your bucket hat is adorable.

I will also admit to being afraid of the sun. My grandfather had skin cancer. Plus I hate the idea of wrinkles.

GretchTM said...

A day at the beach sounds like a lot of fun! Yes, making sure no one drowns is very important. Haha! All the swimwear pieces are super cute.

Bonnie said...

I used to make fun of people who wore hats to the beach.
I don't anymore.
Now I am one of those freaks.
Don't feel bad.

http://www.glamkittenslitterbox.com/
Twitter: @GlamKitten88

mro said...

I wish it was cute to wear a sports bra style suit. Halters always dig so deep into my neck. After wearing a suit for a day, I have deep lines in my skin for a day. It's terrible!!!

Jaclyn said...

CUUUUUTE. I say make it a mission at some point this summer to gallavant your happy tush in one of those suits that make you so happy.

My new suit this season is from Target. I like getting them at the end of the season so they're uber cheap, and then it's like a present when I rediscover it next year. This year's "present" is totally a yellow two-piece with black polka-dots. I'm glaring out the window at the cold rain right now.

Lacy@uphillandsmiling said...

cute suits!! but I am so with you on saving my skin.

Shoe said...

Ohhh the lovestruck bikini is so cute!!

Tara said...

I did the same thing at the beach last weekend...when we got home, my mother-in-law commented that we didn't look like we'd gotten much sun while we were gone. And I took that as a compliment :)

If I lived 10 minutes from the beach, and not five hours, I think I'd be there every weekend!

benhell said...

These girls have fun. Princess Sparkle I just wanted to sit in the water, and let the waves hit.


Flat Caps