|#24 - SYDNEY|
GREEN BUTTON UP SHIRT - Old Navy
PURPLE TANK - Bebe
BLACK PENCIL SKIRT - Jonathan Saunders for Target
BLACK STUD HEELED CLOGS - Forever 21
WHITE NECKLACES - my Grandmother's collection
WHITE WATCH - Sprout
|JEANS - Yaso|
DENIM BALLET FLATS - Mossimo
Thank you so much to my fashionable new blog friend, Burning Skies, for thinking of me for this award. Burning Skies just moved her blog so check her out! It's always nice to get recognized (and this is much better than the trophy I got as a kid for participating in a talent contest on our family cruise where EVERYONE else got that same trophy just for showing up).
To show my versatility, I decided I would change things up by telling you 7 random things that make me versatile:
1. I'm short (5'2) so I can wear tunics as dresses and can always shorten jeans...though I hate when I end up with straight leg ones that used to be bell bottoms!
2. I'm part of the "Good Eaters Club" (as my friend, Birkin, would call it... Birkin is in fact part of the "Bad Eaters Club"), so I don't really care where we go to dinner... though this can be a problem when I'm with another person who is equally as laid back and we end up debating on where to go for like an hour.
3. I wear a medium in most clothes so I can either squeeze myself into a small or put a belt over a large in case of an incredible deal on the clearance rack that I gotta have even if it doesn't quite fit right.
4. I'm a jack of many trades but master of none...so I can do a little bit of everything just okay (like sports...I can basically be on your team if you're not competitive and in desperate need of a female to fill your roster).
5. If I don't wear make-up (or stroll around with my kiddos) I can usually get carded when buying alcohol at the grocery store (of course this totally sucked when I was a teenager).
6. I'm a mom so that basically means I can multi-task and do any job that includes but is not limited to cook, housekeeper, launderer, driver, entertainer, personal assistant, party planner, motivator, accountant and nurse.
7. I can shop anyway, anywhere, anyhow (except when I'm on my shopping fast like right now...oh, and I'm a poet!).
And here is a list of some really cool bloggers that I've discovered and greatly enjoy. I know you'll enjoy them too, so check 'em out!
Albee at Albee Lucky
Jess at Avant-Garde Living
shealennon at Bon Chic Bon Gastronomique
Kimberly at City Style
Amber Lena at Fashion Bargain Shopper Extraordinaire
Roxy Heart at Fash-uh-nee-stah
Courtney Erin at Sartorial Sidelines
Finally, in honor of the Versatile Blogger Award (thanks again Burning Skies!) I decided I would do two versions of the same general outfit. The first one is another example of color blocking. The second is a casual version of the same top half ('cuz my friend Shiny said she'd actually wear this one).