Monday, August 27, 2012

Fringe Boots, Shorts and a Big Girl

"Look, I'm a big girl now," Pigtails shouted proudly.
Camouflage accidentally put one of Princess Sparkles' shirts on Pigtails.
She decided that made her older.
Princess Sparkles wasn't exactly amused.
I'm just glad Pigtails doesn't mind the hand-me-downs.
 

MILITARY JACKET - Nordstrom
GRAY CUT-OFFS - Black Orchid (via Loehmanns)
WHITE T-SHIRT - Alternative Apparel
EARRINGS - $.99 Depot
FRINGE BOOTS - Forever 21


 
 
Monday's Inspiration - Jessica Alba

Today's "Inspiration Monday" from Two Birds is Jessica Alba. I decided to link up this outfit which I wore to the local fair Saturday night. It's my "transitional" outfit with the jacket and boots (both old favorites), but shorts too! I added a pop of color with bright orange lips and coral earrings."


The "big girl" in her sister's shirt

The fun thing about this time of the year is mixing fall clothes with summer ones.   And there's nothing better than wearing shorts and boots (okay, really I just love wearing boots!).  It's almost as good as getting to wear one of your big sister's tops!



 

20 comments:

StyleIDnet said...

lovely boots. I actually like those with shorts more than with anything else.
xx,
* STYLE ID NET *
* Filomenas Closet *

Shon said...

Hey, it has been a while since I have posted(school started). You look great as always! YAY for your girls!! Too sweet!

Happy Monday!

Unknown said...

So cute on you. Love the shoes! I wish that they were mine! That is my favorite part of your look :)
Heathersthriftycloset.blogspot.com

two birds said...

those boots!! wow. i love the whole outfit. your nails are great, too! isn't it funny what kids think makes them grown up?

Anonymous said...

These are really a fun pair of boots.

Style Journey said...

Love your boots and your nails! Pigtails is so darn cute :)

Sarah | Cable Car Couture said...

Love this jacket of yours! It's so urban and edgy.

Sarah
Cable Car Couture

momto8 said...

you look fabulous in that fun outfit....love the boots!!

Anonymous said...

Oh, Claire!
You are rockin' that COOL outfit! How I wish I were a few years younger!

Roma is Love said...

I love wearing boots too!!! :) Unfortunately, here in the Philippines..it's often frowned upon. People are starting to accept though so that's good news for boot lovers like me! :)

Gorgeous fringe boots Claire! :)

Shea Lennon said...

I love your fun pops of color for this look, and your manicure is awesome! What a great end-of-summer look.

Amy's Fashion Blog said...

loving those boots

oomph. said...

I love boots, too, but have no where to wear them here!, it's actually raining this week, so I might get to bust them out! Love the fringe!!


[oomph.]

Maiken said...

firstly, I love your nail art! great choice of colours!
and how fierce and country'ish is that look! I like everything about it.

Maiken,
Maikeni blogi - part of me

Jessica said...

aw your daughter is too cute!! i love the fringe boots!

-Jessica
http://www.jumpintopuddles.com

aki! said...

If you described this outfit to me, I would have hated it. But looking at it, I definitely adore it. I'm not even a fan of fringe!

I think I would even wear this.

Anonymous said...

I've been debating buying a pair of the taller minnetonka fringe boots but I wasn't sure what I would be able to wear them with but now that I've seen this post I'm thinking I may need a pair.

Teddi said...

Claire you look so hot, i bet your man was distracted, & that's why he put sparkle's top on pigtails. She certainly looks cute & happy! :) I love wearing boots too. Your pair has me wanting to go shopping, as if i need another pair of boots.

Chioma said...

love how you styled those fringe boots with those shorts! :)

Chioma
C’s Evolution of Style

Anonymous said...

Great outfit! I love love your boots and I wish it was cool enough to mix fall/summer together. We have been suffering through a heat wave in PA!