Monday, May 5, 2014

Floral Dress, Burgundy Cowboy Boots and Something Private

"I wonder why butt is so private,"
Princess Sparkles said to herself while waiting for a bath.
I tell the girls they're called private parts because they're private
so don't talk about them with other people (not that they listen).
Then Sparkles looked at her little tush and said,
"I mean, it's just a little line."


FLORAL DRESS - H&M, $10
AQUA CARDIGAN - Target, $15
OFF-WHITE BELT - Thrifted
HEELED BOOTS - Dolce Vita, thrifted


BLUE DRESS - Mossimo, thrifted
GRAY SWEATER - Labworks, Target
CHEVRON NECKLACE - iSanctuary
BURGUNDY COWBOY BOOTS - Thrfited



Here are a few outfits I've worn recently, both of them comprised of mostly thrifted stuff.  The first dress is one I got from my good friend, Fedora.  This is the most comfortable dress ever.  And what's even better is it's flattering and only $10!!!  The belt and shoes are both thrifted as well.  In the second outfit both the navy dress and burgundy boots are thrifted.  The gray lab works sweater is amazingly soft, and I love it a lot.


Sparkles loses her 2nd tooth!

Princess Sparkles does her cheerleading class


This last week I celebrated a birthday.  I got a lot of really cute things like those olive boots (thanks, Mom!) and floral dress (thanks, Fedora!).  But I also got really emotional and  I'm not exactly sure why.  I mean, it's just a little birthday.


15 comments:

Amy's Fashion Blog said...

Happy Belated birthday.

two birds said...

Happy belated birthday!! I love both outfits. That springy dress is so pretty! And I love that comment....it's just a little line. I love how kids think!

oomph. said...

happy belated...hop you had a wonderful birthday!

loving that gray pullover. looks very comfy and cozy.

andres said...

Love the first outfit. So simple. I think our girls lost a tooth in the spot!

Unknown said...

Hi, I am back from my trips! Able to read and comment again, and I missed your stories! First, such a good friend, the dress is so beautiful, and paired with the colorful cardi, wow, you look really very pretty! Second, as usual so sweet stories :) and she lost her 2nd tooth, wow! Kids do grow... maybe that's why you were emotional... and sorry for missing your b-day (happy very belated wishes!) I know it's just a birthday, that's what we want to think... but again, it's one more year, and I guess we think "was that year good?" I think it was, with your 3 cute and intelligent kids, for sure! denisesplanet com

Claire said...

Haha that's so funny about her private butt, she looks like she's having a great time cheerleading x

Jessica said...

Love that first picture! Everyone looks great. Happy belated birthday.

Unknown said...

Claire I hope your birthday was fun. I've found some are emotional and some are not, and usually for no particular reason but sounds like you got some great birthday presents. Let me know when you're coming to the OC and can get away for a few hours!

xo Mary Jo

Kezzie said...

Hey Claire! Where have you gone?!!?! I miss you!
Love these photos, they make me laugh so much! Your children must be the originators of the term 'photobombed'!!x

Hena Tayeb said...

Happy Belated Birthday! Love the dress

Lacy@uphillandsmiling said...

Had to check in with your fun blog -- I love your cute kids, they are getting so big! Cute styles as always :)

Leah said...

Haha Princess Sparkles is funny as always! :) Love your outfits in the photos, too. Your gorgeous kids are so big now!

aki! said...

That cheerleading class looks terrifying. I would not feel safe at all.

7% Solution

M said...

I love that sweater and chevron necklace!!

kayan web said...

شركة تنظيف منازل بمكة