Friday, August 24, 2012

Studded Tank, Cut up Tee and an F-Bomber

"Stop using the F-word!"
Princess Sparkles shouted in a busy restaurant.
"Shhhh!" I said, completely horrified.
"Mommy, Pigtails keeps saying fart."
I knew that, but I don't think everyone else did.


STUDDED NAVY TANK - Thrifted
GRAY KIMONO CARDI - Thrifted
BLEACHED DENIM CUT-OFFS - Express, $15
BLUE PRINTED WEDGES - Old Navy, $14
NECKLACE - Betsey Johnson


 
It's been hot and I can't seem to get myself to wear much else besides tanks and cut-offs.  The tank and cardi were thrifted by Fair Isle and I got everything else on clearance, even the necklace!  Lately my new obsession is cutting up t-shirts.  I buy them and cut off the sleeves.  I'm a huge fan of Alternative Apparel but recently the Target tees have been on sale for $5 (they now make crew neck too!), so I've been buying those! 
 
One of my Target tees masterpieces (oh, and $1 store earrings!!!)
 
The girls smiling for a pose after I bribed them... sigh.
(their "hairbands" are from my cut up t-shirt)

Fierce posing F-bombers
 
Being a mom of three, especially a 6-month old, means it's important to wear comfy clothes I don't care too much about.  Tees and tanks are perfect for that, especially when they're only $5.  Because no one likes getting stuff on their nice clothes.  It'll make 'em wanna drop an F-bomb.  (I was talking about the word fart, sillies!)
 
 

 





 
 

12 comments:

Callie - Coffee and Cardigans said...

Your stories about the little ones never fail to make me laugh. It's those little moments that'll become favorite memories later. And I really love that chunky gray cardigan. It looks so cozy and warm. I can totally see that being a staple piece for fall! And I'm even more impressed that it's thrifted. Hope you guys have a great weekend!

Callie
www.coffeeandcardigans.com

Style Journey said...

The stories you tell about the kids are always so funny. Never a dull moment when you have kids, huh?

Have a great weekend Claire!

Frannie Pantz said...

LOL aw youth. That last photo of your girls is too cute. They are some style bloggers in the making, that's for sure!

Maiken said...

gosh, where do you find all those amazing shoes from?? I think I have already asked that but I still keep wondering because this is another pair of awesomeness! and the whole outfit looks so summery that it makes me a bit sad because our summer has left the building for good this year.

Maiken,
Maikeni blogi - part of me

Amy's Fashion Blog said...

your too cute

Anonymous said...

Out of the mouths of babes--F-bombs indeed.

Lacy@uphillandsmiling said...

so funny about the "F" word!!

You look adorable as ever -- I love your little girls' poses :)

Mama Kara said...

i have that same betsy johnson necklace but in pink/gold combo! just wore it yesterday!! LOVE it.

Melina said...

really cool look
Like ur blog, would be happy if we could follow each other :)
xx

Bonnie said...

You know how much I love me some studs. This look screams BONNIE. And that's a good thing. :)

http://www.glamkittenslitterbox.com/
Twitter: @GlamKitten88

Cara said...

I love your cardigan, that looks like the most cozy thing ever! You put together quite a look at an amazing price, bravo!

Unknown said...

Your f bombers are pretty cute! Hahaha how cute! I really love your studded tee & those wedges are just adorable!