Friday, August 31, 2012

Stripes, Compliments and a Pink Pirate

"I hope baby grows up to be a pirate,"
Princess Sparkles informed me as we drove to Target.
"I really want a pirate in our family."
Hmm, that's not exactly what I pictured my son doing, but okay.
I asked her why she wanted a pirate in the family.
"Because, then he could give me treasure!!!"

STRIPED HIGH-LOW SKIRT - Target, $6
BURN-OUT TANK - Alternative Apparel, $15
FEDORA - Eugenia Kim for Target
NECKLACE - Betsey Johnson
TIE-UP WEDGES - Old Navy, $14

This is what I wore yesterday to run errands.  Princess Sparkles is having a 5th birthday party this weekend so I had some last minute things to get.  I also "needed" to stop in to Forever 21 to see what was new.  I ended up with a pair of black faux leather skinnies for $25.  I know it's been in the 80s and 90s, but in the mall it seemed cool enough to buy some pleather pants :)


Sparkles holds her "pink pirate"

While I was in line at F21 to buy my pleather skinnies a young girl turned to me and said she liked this outfit.  I wanted to kiss her and tell her she made my day because she did.  Sparkles might want treasure but I'd take a compliment anyday! 









 

16 comments:

Steph said...

LOL- A pirate for treasure? Sounds like a plan to me! I love the imaginations and innocence of children! Your outfit is nice.

Amy Fashion Blog said...

too cute

Leah said...

Princess Sparkles has awesome ideas! A pirate in the family! LOL :P


Great outfit! :)

Frannie Pantz said...

A pirate in the family--LOL! I love that! Kids are so entertaining. I also love your striped skirt. Like a lot. One of my favorite looks of yours for sure Claire!

sophie said...

loe your navy outfit!

Rebecca said...

Who wouldn't want a pirate in the family? I like the skirt!

Maiken said...

happy b-day to your little princess!
and Claire, your kids are hilarious! they should have their own tv show ;)
anyway, the outfit. I like it too and also very much because it includes stripes, high-low, wedges, great accessories - in my opinion everything an outfit needs :P

Maiken,
Maikeni blogi - part of me

Gracey at Fashion for Giants said...

Aw, Happy Birthday to Princess Sparkles. And of course she wants a pirate; who wouldn't? I want a pirate.

And if I'm been in front of you in F21, I would have complimented you too. You look fabulous.

Terri said...

There's all kinds of treasure in the world. I know that we have plastic dubloons and eye-patches in our toybox for the grandkids. Perhaps you could save Bucket from a life a piracy by placing some around the house.

Mrs. J said...

I'm slacking, you look so cute and your son is getting so big!! I'm with your daughter treasures hunter in the family would be great...lol

yiqin; said...

the skirt is <3

Style Me B.A.D said...

how cute are all of you in stripes!!

Shea Sayers said...

I love this look--the skirt is so fun and you can totally rock a hat! And Princess Sparkles' wish for a pirate in the family cracked me up!

oomph. said...

i have been wanting leather skinnys since last fall!! of course, WHEN would i wear them??!! can't wait to see yours.

[oomph.]

Punctuation Mark said...

that baby looks cuter everyday!

Keely said...

Love this combo! Adorable hat!