Sunday, July 31, 2011

White Jeans, Blush Top and a Trip to the Fair

BLUSH BUTTON UP TOP - Motherhood Maternity
WHITE JEANS - James Jeans
BRONZE LOAFER WEDGES - Steve Madden (Thrifted)
Yesterday Camouflage and I dropped Pigtails off with my mom, Fair Isle, and took Princess Sparkles to the fair.  Princess Sparkles had so much fun riding all the kiddy rides, watching some dance performances (Ballet Folklorica and Hula), petting the animals and eating all the yummy snacks.  I was a little disturbed by all the fried food.  I had no idea you could (or should) fry butter, twinkies...or Kool Aid?!!! 

Fried "goodies" you can snack on at the fair
OUCH!  My arteries hurt.
Ballet Folklorica. 
Crazy ride that I would never go on.
Anyway, this is NOT what I wore to the fair (I wore shorts, tank, button up shirt, TOMS and a hat) but what I wore to church today.  For once I didn't choose a dress, but a billowy top with white jeans (***NOTE TO SELF, billowy tops aren't always flattering in photographs).  Only problem was after-church-food included strawberries and Pigtails kept getting them all over hands and trying to touch me.  I had to arm myself with a napkin and grab her hands before she could grab me and give them a good wiping!

Today is a nice lazy Sunday and for the rest of the day I can relax (which really means do laundry, but some relaxing too).  And it rained in the morning (okay, just a few drops, but still!).  Anytime it's a "rainy day" it gives me an excuse to stay inside and do nothing.  Haha.  But after the long day at the fair, I think Camo and I deserve a day of rest! 

24 comments:

Courtney Erin said...

My arteries also hurt...but I really, really want to go to the fair now!

xoxo ~ Courtney
http://sartorialsidelines.com

Style, She Wrote said...

Looks like fun! Love that pretty top! xo style, she wrote

Style Journey said...

Love the top! It's so flowy and looks oh so comfy.

Looks like you had a great time at the fair. It is amazing all the fried food. I have tried a deep fried pickle and it was amazingly delicious!

Leah said...

Wow fried goodies! Fried twinkies??? Interesting. :P

Meagan said...

My friends and I always go to the fair for the fair food but our fair didn't have such exciting foods!

Unknown said...

i love those white pants!

Claire said...

winter sundays with the log fire and a movie....roll on Dec haha

Selvaggia Capizzi said...

I love fairs!! You look great with those pants and I am glad that you were able to spare them from strawberries spots!!
xx
http://dontcallmefashionblogger.blogspot.com/

my thrifty closet said...

your sunday looks like real fun! Your top is so light and breezy. Perfect with white pants!

love,mongs
mythriftycloset.blogspot.com

AlbeeLucky said...

Another great outfit, I love the loose fit of this top and of course the white jeans. I don't know what it is about little kids, they just gravitate towards white. I blame the manufactures of napkins and paper towels. Training our little kiddies that anything white you can wipe your hands off on :)

xx- AlbeeLucky.blogspot.com

Lacy@uphillandsmiling said...

Gorgeous!

I love going to the county fair... :)

Thanks for the blog award, you are so SWEET!

erica marie said...

The fair doesn't come to my town for another 2 months or so but this post definitely has me dreaming of caramel apples, funnel cakes, and corn dogs with a big glass of lemonade yum! Come check out my giveaway!

erica

Baby Budget Blog said...

Spent all weekend at amusement parks having a great time! Love that blousey blouse and love that it's maternity :)

www.plentyforpennies.com

Flo said...

You're post is soooo great! love this!

Thanks for your comment on my blog, sorry for my late reply.
Check out my new post if you have time :)

www.fantailflo.com

Unknown said...

You survived the fair! You definitely deserve time to relax! I love how you describe Pigtails hand-wiping urges!

xo Mary Jo

rachel said...

did you try any of the fried food? yikes... i don't think you can get any worse then fried butter. i like your billowy top!

Anonymous said...

Ooooh, I heard fried butter taste just like a biscuit. Oprah said so..lol I need to find a pair of white pants. I like the billowy top it look great with your white jeans.

I would love to see a close-up of your metallic shoes!

Sophie in the Sticks said...

love your blush top! The thought of all that deep fried stuff is making me feel ill. :/ eurgh.

Shea Lennon said...

Oh my goodness, fried butter? Do people really eat this? I think I gained 10 pounds just thinking about it. Ew. I love that top! This weather is making me want to wear lots of loose-fitting, lightweight blouses.

Tara said...

How/why would anyone fry butter?!?!? I mean, seriously? Just...ew.

And when I saw the title of this post, and then I saw the gorgeous white pants? I was a little concerned about how they survived the fair. I'm happy to hear they didn't even actually make the trip :)

Anonymous said...

I'm trying to imagine how butter is fried. And how much a stick of fried butter might cost...It's expensive in our grocery store.

D said...

My favorite part about fairs are the gizmos people invent and the foot massage machines. I thought eating fried butter was unimaginable until Mrs J said it tastes like a biscuit. Hmmm...

Removals Services said...

very educational post. Looking for something more like this Furniture Removalists Melbourne

Document Management System said...

Nice blog dear, I really like this theme about something that I like:) Keep up the good work guys, I know how much effort you put into your posts:)………♥
Document Management Software | Document Management Version Control | Indexing Document