Tuesday, March 29, 2011

Stylish Blogger Award

Yesterday Jess at Avant-Garde Living told me she had given me the Stylish Blogger Award.  This was my first blog award and I was so excited.  Then this morning Albee Lucky gave me the same award!  I couldn't believe it!  2 people actually think I'm stylish!!! 

First of all I want to thank these girls and give them props because they are super stylish themselves and it means a lot to have them think of me.   I REALLY appreciate it.  Check them out and you'll see what I mean.

I'd also like to thank my parents for clothing me when I was a kid, my hubby, Camouflage, for letting me have our walk-in closet, and Princess Sparkles and Pigtails for teaching me humility while still wearing heels and a dress.

#16 - DUBLIN
FLORAL DRESS - Forever 21
GREEN BUTTON UP SHIRT - Old Navy
BLACK CARDIGAN - Motherhood
CREAM KNEE HI SOCKS - Forever 21
DAISY STUD HEELED CLOGS - Forever 21




8 THINGS ABOUT MYSELF:

1. Sometimes I like to have dessert before dinner (just to make sure I have room for it!)

2. Sometimes I let Princess Sparkles have dessert before dinner (because I'm a sucker)

3. I don't like anyone lying on my pillow (not even Camouflage)

4. Almost all of my underwear comes from free coupons I get from VICTORIA'S SECRET (and most of the time I don't even buy anything else when I get it)

5. I do most of my grocery shopping at TARGET because I can also look at other stuff (aka "clothes") at the same time

6. Before we got married, I actually asked Camouflage out first because my girlfriend's mom said in passing he'd make a good husband (she was right).

7. I used to make my little sister, Polka Dots, dress up in wigs and costumes then tell my mom, Fair Isle, I made a new friend (Then I'd make Polka Dots perform in my play)

8. I wear sunglasses in all my fashion pictures for my blog because I'm lazy and don't want to put on make-up


8 PEOPLE I'M GIVING THIS AWARD TO:
 
(she doesn't conform, she's not afraid to take chances with her fashion!)
(playful and inspirational style, all while taking her kids to the park!)
(she knows how to dress for her body, and it's alway fabulous!)
(her style is simple, fresh and wonderfully girly)
(seriously fashionable momma, and she's not even trying!)
(bold and edgy, she rocks every look)
(really great down-to-earth style)
(stylishly fun and always has the perfect statement piece)

***Rules for accepting the award: (Thank and link back to who gave you this award, Share 8 things about yourself, Pass it along to 8 blogs that you recently discovered and enjoy, Leave those bloggers a message telling them about their reward)

Thanks again to Avant-Garde Living and Albee Lucky for the award!!! 

25 comments:

Unknown said...

I love the socks! And I use any excuse I can think of to go to Target; a few weeks ago my roommate sent me for earplugs, and I came back with a dress, tights, and a purse!

Shopping and Spreadsheets

Sofi Moukidou said...

oh! congrats! you look amazing!
i'm following you right now!
kisses!

Simone said...

nice skirt :)

www.styleinsmalltown.blogspot.com

D said...

You totally deserve the award! Looking at your pixs, I almost forget why I don't buy boots. Am especially in love with beige open-toe ones. Almost screamed out loud with your top-to-toe view. You are fierce!

Sassy said...

Oh, I love this romantic outfit. Congratulation for the award :D...
If you like my blog, follow me. I'll follow you too :D.
Alla moda e con stile

Janelle B. Shin said...

What funny facts! I enjoy eating dessert first too, especially if I'm not sure if I'll have room for it later. And I too love Target! Sometimes I'll just wander around, with and without the intention of buying anything.

And congrats on the award! I think you definitely deserve it!

Btw, you have such sweet, creative code names for your family!

Pau Villafuerte said...

No. 2 is so cute! I do that sometimes. Makes the meal more appetizing I guess? xD "Princess Sparkles" seems so adorable! Anyway, congratulations!

less than three <3
http://pau-v.blogspot.com

AlbeeLucky said...

I love your facts, especially the one about Target. I can't stand going with the Bf because he doesn't let me indulge in just wandering around the store. I can just spend hours there, and it's so convenient to have a break at the snack bar too :)
<3 AlbeeLucky.blogspot.com

Sophia Molen said...

congratz!!

xx Sophia
myvisualillusions

Courtney Erin said...

Congratulations - it's very well deserved!

xoxo ~ Courtney
http://sartorialsidelines.blogspot.com

Alex said...

I too loved the fact about Target, haha.

Thanks so much for this, you're the best! I will make my post as soon as I get back from school today :) (I woke up an hour late, oh no!)

also, I adore this outfit! I love the cardi and button up over the dress and then the clogs and ankle socks make it just perfect, so casual and preppy cool :)

GretchTM said...

Congrats on the award. You are definitely stylish! Very inspirational. I totally relate to you on the Victoria Secret coupons. I'm the same way. Haha!

Thanks for awarding me this award too. It means a lot.

Unknown said...

Hello Miss Stylish, love those Mary Jane clogs! And I think we might be separated at birth because I too love food shopping at Target so I can look at other stuff and eating dessert first (and last, often both).

xo Mary Jo

Melissa: Write it in Lipstick said...

Congrats on the award, I read Tinfoils and Tiara's she deserves it.
Write it in Lipstick

Kimberly said...

congrats on the awards!!

http://kc-citystyle.blogspot.com/

Nicole said...

I'm with you on the desserts! I hope you enjoyed the playlist on my blog yesterday!

Fashion Confessions of a Mommy said...

A huge congrats for getting not 1 but 2 awards! You sure deserve it. And thank you so much for awarding me.
Also thank you for all the wonderful comments you have been leaving during my hospital stay. I will save the rules so I can respond/pass it along when the craziness around me dies down a bit.
P.S. Totally loving the knee high socks with the heels.

Nicol T. said...

beautiful blog!
www.fashiontnt.com
follow me I always follow back :)

Roxy Heart said...

Congrats! You deserve it!
http://fashuhneestah.blogspot.com/

Gracey the Giant said...

Aw, thank you for nominating me, Claire! You totally deserve this award, and I'm flattered that you think I do too.

I loved hearing the 8 things about you and have to admit that I don't like anyone sleeping on my pillow either!

Melissa said...

AH! Claire, thank you for passing the award to me! That's so very sweet of you and I'm very flattered! I appreciate your comment about me too. :)

You look so adorable in that outfit! I love the cardigan layered over the floral top and the sleeves cuffed to expose the shirt. The socks with sandals is a great look on you too!!!

Come take a look inside A Working Mom's Closet

Ashley {hudson's happenings} said...

CLAIRE! Thanks for the award...I love your so sweet description you wrote up there, too. Awww. You're pretty darn amazing. :)

Girl, you are rocking those socks! And I am in love with your shoes! Eeep!

Rama Wood Crafts Private Limited said...

Nice blog dear I like the way as you present your view among the all visitors. I would like to join you again on this blog it’s a very nice visit on this blog. It’s very attractive and effective for visitors. Office Furniture India | Office Desk

Jermarmonuments said...

Awesome site cherished I enjoy exactly how just like you offer a person's perspective among the list of all of targeted traffic. I'd prefer to attend you actually just as before during this site it’s quite a awesome take a look at during this site. It’s pretty eye-catching plus helpful to get targeted traffic.
Memorial Tombstone | Memorial Headstones | Tombstones | Headstones for graves

Document Management System said...

your site page’s idea is actually outstanding as well as caring this. Your own reviews tend to be amazing. Make sure to carry on this particular excellent function. Regards!
Indexing Document | Document Management Version Control | Records Management Software