Friday, May 6, 2011

Red Jeans and a Fly Girl


STRIPED TOP - Truelight
RED SKINNY JEANS - LTB
STRAPPY WEDGES - Colin Stuart
BRACELETS - My Mom's (Indian town)
SUNGLASSES - Betsey Johnson
EARRINGS - My Mom's (vintage)



Today I made a trip to the Thrift store with an entire generational entourage.  I went to GW and SA with my grandma, my mom and my two little ones!  Princess Sparkles and Pigtails were actually well behaved (guess they're used to shopping).  It probably helped that my mom, Fair Isle, tootled around with Sparkles and let her pick out toys and $1 clothes.  Fair Isle would hold up various pieces and Sparkles would let her know which ones were pretty and which ones were not.  As for Pigtails, I just fed her A LOT of graham crackers.  My grandmother, Socks, didn't buy anything but enjoyed pushing around her cart and taking a nap on one of the sale couches in the middle of the store. 

I was inspired to wear my new red jeans (yet another birthday gift from Fierce, Fedora and Fancy) after seeing Jenn from the Suburb Experiment and her cute laid back outfit.  I started out with something similar then sorta morphed it into...not sure what style it is...kinda JLo in her fly girl days?  I was excited about these jeans because I know they're super versatile, in fact, I think I'll do a 3 Ways to Wear it post on it later!  I paired it with this striped top that I bought from a local boutique that was closing down.  I got it for $3.50!!!

Anyway, it was a long but fun day.  I always enjoy visiting Fair Isle and Henley, and it was nice to spend some time with Socks!  (For Mother's Day I'm going with Fair Isle and Socks to a Tea Party/Fashion Show, can't wait!).  We may all enjoy thrifting, but something we're not thrifty on is spending time together as a family!

31 comments:

The Suburb Experiment said...

I like it! I can't wait to see your 3 ways - I'm up for gathering more inspiration for the red jeans. :) I went on a thrifting trip today too - with pretty much the same kid issues. The 3-year-old was pretty happy looking through everything I put in the cart but it's a good thing I brought a baggie of Cheerios to keep the 9-month-old entertained.

Jenn

Tiffany said...

I love yall's red jeans!! They're so cute and I need some badly!

GretchTM said...

You look gorgeous!! You are definitely rockin' those pants!

Kimberly said...

great outfit love the jeans!

http://kc-citystyle.blogspot.com/

Unknown said...

you're a very wise shopper. Those trousers really look great. If you were inspired, I'm inspired too. I might try that look next time

I like your belt, it really stands out with the trousers. But it's still balanced all in all

-jean

Pau Villafuerte said...

So much fun reading your post with the adorable pseudonyms that you put! Lookin forward to your "3 Ways to Wear it" post!

<3 Paulyn

Anonymous said...

Absolutely fantastic!
I love the red jeans and the belt, they're so matching!!
Thanks for sharing, I enjoyed the visit. :)

Karol Boixareu said...

your photos are really good!
FOLLOW YOU!

http://kroolboixareu.blogspot.com/
http://kroolboixareu.blogspot.com/
http://kroolboixareu.blogspot.com/
http://kroolboixareu.blogspot.com/

Shea Lennon said...

Girl, you're looking hot! :) I love the red jeans, especially with those wedges!

Rebecca said...

I'm looking forward to seeing our three ways. Those jeans are awesome.

Fashion Confessions of a Mommy said...

Know how you feel.
This combo came out great. Love the new jeans.

Daphne.
http://fashiondivamommy.blogspot.com

Courtney Erin said...

Love the red skinny jeans - what a great way to inject color and pairing it with the black and white stripe top is perfect!


xoxo ~ Courtney
http://sartorialsidelines.blogspot.com

Rosy (of Raindrops on Rosy) said...

gooodness dont you look like a stone cold fox in those pants? you look foxy:) I love the belt too!

Melissa said...

You look super hawt in that outfit, I love it!

Did your grandmother seriously fall asleep on one of the couches in the store? HYSTERICAL.

Hope you have a lovely Mother's Day!

Come take a look inside A Working Mom's Closet

Dear Girl Wallflower said...

i got myself a pink and purple lately! pls do post some ideas, and yeah, i saw the b&w stripes with red jeans fr Suburb too!...Happy Mother's Day, stay pretty!

Unknown said...

This is such a funky outfit- I love it! The belt is so fun and I am such a fan of coloured trousers!

Jess said...

love the red pants, and your shoes are great too!

Anonymous said...

Aweosme red jeans! You're always making me think, hey maybe I can do that!
Happy Mothers Day by the way;-)

Sophie in the Sticks said...

those red jeans are HOT!!!! love it, you look fab!
http://cgdn.blogspot.com/

Style, She Wrote said...

Very fly girl! Hot pants! xo style, she wrote

Becca [Free Honey] said...

I love all the red pants I've been seeing around the blog world. I'm holding out for the perfect pair of red skinny jeans or red trousers. In the mean time, I scored a pair of fun sea foam green jeans on super sale. I'm looking forward to trying out some colored pants in the near future.

Kelsey said...

gap coupons are the b.e.s.t. thank you for your sweet comment!!!! xoxo

kelseyannesmith.blogspot.com

Ashley {hudson's happenings} said...

WONDERFUL outfit. I LOVE those awesome red jeans!!

mode. said...

oh, i love this stripedy top! looks great with the pants. glad you had a good day :)
<3 mode.
http://modestylist.blogspot.com

Jess said...

Wouldn't you know I have been on the hunt for some red pants! Happy Mother's Day to you!!

George Wells George Wells said...

I like this website. This website helped me with prayer learning. Good job. Thank you. and welcome to my home to see you ~! My address is: true religion jeans outlet.

LyddieGal said...

I love the red jeans! brightly colored pants are so much fun to wear and style!

Chic on the Cheap

mode. said...

here's my article http://www.examiner.com/vintage-fashion-in-nashville/how-to-tell-the-age-and-value-of-vintage-clothing
thanks, honey! i'm following you :)
<3 mode.
http://modestylist.blogspot.com

Anonymous said...

Your red jeans are so cute I need to invest in a pair. I actually like the chain belt it makes your accessories pop more especially the bracelets.

I spent some time with my mom, aunts, uncles...etc and grandparent on Sunday. It was too much fun especially when my g-pa fell asleep on the couch..Lol

Tara said...

Love this outfit! I wanted some colored denim, but I totally chickened out when I went shopping and settled for a pair of gray jeans. I figured I'll have to work my way into a brighter color :)

Hope you had a fabulous Mother's Day! (And yes, I'm fully aware of how late I am...seems to be a theme with me lately!)

Document Management System said...

I seriously enjoy reading this have a good deal of Top post. It information. Keep display messages such significant
document management version control | indexing document | records management software