Sunday, September 29, 2013

Leopard, Stripes, Faux Leather and a Flower Girl

"I held somebody's hand,"
Pigtails exclaimed when asked what she did in New Jersey.
She got to be a flower girl -- for the first time
(since last year she ran off just as she was supposed to walk down the aisle).
Then Pigtails flashed a big smile,
"I had to have a boyfriends."

LEOPARD PRINT SKATER SKIRT - Nordstrom Rack
BLACK CARDIGAN - Motherhood Maternity
STRIPED TANK - Foreign Exchange
BLACK WEDGE BOOTIES - Target
BRACELET - J Crew

DENIM LEATHER MOTO JACKET - Forever 21
SWEATER TOP - Irene's Story (swapped)
JEGGINGS - Kohls
CHEVRON NECKLACE - iSanctuary
BOOTIES - Rag and Bone (gifted)

Here's what I wore this weekend.  I found the leopard print skater skirt on clearance at the Rack for $12.  I really liked that it had faux leather accents.  I decided to pair it with stripes and some wedge booties for church.  The other outfit I wore to see a play.  The denim and leather moto jacket I found at F21 for $8 when they had a crazy sale.  The v-neck top I got in a swap with my friends.


Flower Girl

I love a hint of faux leather, it really makes an edgy piece even more fabulous.  I especially can't help myself when I find that piece on clearance.  Unlike last year's flower girl, it's impossible to run away -- I just have to buy it!!!








16 comments:

Ann said...

You and your kids
always manage to look good and adorable.

Unknown said...

So cute--I love a little faux leather on clothes this season too. I hope you had fun at the wedding--sounds like a long jaunt! Hope all is well!

xo Mary Jo

Frannie Pantz said...

LOL How adorable! My daughter (6) is PETRIFIED of "boyfriends" LOL I love your first outfit Claire! The stripes and leopard play very well together indeed!

two birds said...

and so it starts, right??? they are too cute. i love both outfits. fauz leather is on my radar lately, i want a few more pieces!

BonBon Rose Girls Kristin said...

I'm with Jill...Those booties are amazing!

Fashion Confessions of a Mommy said...

You are just the most adorable family. Love both outfits but the skirt one is my favorite.
Daphne.

Unknown said...

lovely!!
http://fashmongers.wordpress.com

Maiken said...

those are definitely some of your coolest looks ever! I also love those edgy imitation leather accents here and there and I looove the leopard print skater skirt. plus once again, your little ones are brilliant!

Maiken,
Maikeni blogi - part of me

Vett Vandiver said...

what a cute look and the kids are so cute!!

oomph. said...

i love that chevron top! i really need to find some friends who will swap with me!!

great leopard skirt, too. i love those leather accents, too. i just got a pair of camo shorts with leather trim!

silvergirl said...

adore stripes and leopard together
brett

London Loafers said...

LOVE the skirt, it's so cute :)

Hayfa
http://londonloafers.blogspot.com

Erjona Bega said...

Beautiful outfits.I also have three kids,two girls and a boy,my boy and the smallest.Your kids are so cute.

Jessica said...

I love hints of faux leather and I love your leopard skirt too.

Tracy @ Sunny Days and Starry Nights

Sybil said...

love the leopard skirt and denim jacket!! so great for fall!!

Animated Confessions

Teddi said...

dear stylish claire, master of the the clearance and funny stories of her darling children. yes, i like both outfits. how completely cute are your kids!